VISION FOR THE FUTURE
ZION LUTHERAN CHURCH is excited to announce the completion of our building project. In Phase One we made our sanctuary, offices, and restrooms handicap accessible and created space for gathering and fellowship before and after worship. In Phase Two we completed a new ground level Fellowship Hall that will accommodate people of all abilities and ages. It is bigger and easier to access and gives us new opportunities for fellowship and community outreach use.
The members of ZION LUTHERAN CHURCH are also very active in our community. You may see them volunteering at the local Food Shelf or at the CHI Medical Center or delivering Meals on Wheels and also at various events in our community. By word and deed we are living out our mission of ... WORKING TOGETHER TO BRING OTHERS TO CHRIST.
Through our Director of Christian Outreach we have become community partners with the StandUp4U coalition (addressing drug misuse) and Oasis Central Minnesota (addressing homelessness).
"Praise the Lord, all you nations, extol Him all you peoples. For great is His love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever" Psalm 117
ZION LUTHERAN CHURCH had a humble beginning in 1891. It was formed primarily of German Lutheran immigrants in Morrison County and the community of Little Falls, Minnesota. Circuit rider ministers served the people by gathering them around God's Word and Sacraments, then in 1901 the congregation adopted a new constitution and officially became Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church of Little Falls, Minnesota.
ZION LUTHERAN CHURCH is a member of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod. We gather around a common belief in the Triune God; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. We believe that our Lord Jesus Christ came into the flesh not to be served, but to serve and to give His life as a ransom for many. On the cross He offered Himself as a spotless sacrifice for the sin of the whole world. Through His perfect life and death, He accomplished forgiveness and salvation for all before the Father in heaven. By His empty tomb and ascension into heaven, He declared His victory over sin and death to all the world. Seated now at the Father's right hand, He graciously serves His Church with the gifts of salvation. On the Last Day, he will come again to gather His elect from every nation to celebrate the feast that will have no end.
We believe that our Lord serves us today through His Holy Word and Sacraments. Through these means, He comes among us to deliver His forgiveness and salvation, freeing us from our sins and strengthening us for service to one another and to the world. At Holy Baptism, our Lord Jesus puts His name upon us, pours His Holy Spirit into our hearts, and rescues us from sin, death, and the devil. Through Holy Absolution, Jesus pronouces His forgiveness again and again. With His Holy Word, written in Scripture, spoken and preached for our hearing, Jesus daily proclaims His abiding love for us through all the joys and sorrows of life in this world. In His Holy Supper, Jesus gives us His own body and blood to eat and drink as a priceless gift to nourish and strengthen us in both body and soul.
We believe that in our worship Jesus calls forth our service, in the prayers and songs of praise and thanksgiving to Him and in loving service to one another. Having been called, gathered, enlightened, and sanctified by the Holy Spirit, we receive God's gifts with thankfulness and praise. With psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, we joyfully confess all that God has done for us, declaring the praises of Him who called us out of darkness into His marvelous light.
THE FOUNDATION OF OUR FAITH
1. We believe that the entire Bible is the Word of God, recorded for us by the prophets of old and by the apostles who spoke through the inspiration of God's Holy Spirit. 2 Timothy 3:16
2. We believe that God created the world in six days and set aside the seventh day as a day of Sabbath rest. Genesis 1 & 2
3. We believe that God created the world and everything in it with perfection. He also created the first man and woman in His image to have a relationship with Him. He gave them free will, the ability to worship and serve Him or to choose to do things their own way. Genesis 2:15-17
4. We believe that Adam and Eve brought sin and the punishment of death into the world through their disobedience of God's command. As a result of their sin, the relationship they had with God was broken, and now everyone is born into sin and are unable on their own to bring glory to God or restore this broken relationship. Genesis 3 and Romans 3:23
5. We believe that God had a plan to reconcile the world to Himself through His son Jesus. The prophecies and events recorded in the Old Testament of the Bible point to Jesus as the promised Messiah who would become the sacrificial lamb that would atone for the sin of the world. John 1:29
6. We believe JESUS: By His life, perfectly satisfied all the demands of God's law... By His suffering and death on the cross, suffered the wrath of God for the sins of all people... By His resurrection from the dead, sealed His victory over sin, death, and the devil and made it possible for everyone who believes in Him to have eternal life. John 3:16; 1 Corinthians 15:3,4; Acts 16:31
7. We believe that we are saved by grace alone, through faith alone, as a free gift from God and not by any works which we might attempt to gain God's favor. Ephesians 2:8,9
8. We believe that we have a Christian duty to show God's love to others by acts of mercy and by telling them about the gift of salvation which we have received through Jesus, our Lord and Savior. Our expression of faith is shown through service projects and support of mission work locally and globally. John 15:10,11 and 1 Corinthians 4:5,6